Translate

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers



I have been thinking about motherhood and mothers a lot lately. Thinking about how they do it... Thinking about the immeasurable love that overflows the heart of a mother... The miracle of motherhood is simply mind-blowing. To me, it is something so incredible I won't ever be able to fully comprehend it's beauty and loveliness. Of course, mothers are just as human as you and I, they make mistakes, they have faults, but I believe that is what makes their beauty even more marvelous. Because in spite of their errors and shortcomings, they still grow, birth, raise, teach, comfort, and love their children with all that they are... 24/7. Even in those grueling every-day moments, when motherhood is being tested to it's very limits, there is a divine mystery being lived out. It is beautiful.

All of this is a humbling thing to reflect on... To be entrusted with the souls given to you by God to bring to heaven is something beyond comprehension. We all witness it every day; it is the biggest responsibility and honor one can be given. 

Too often, I neglect to be as grateful as I should for my own mother. Too often I lack appreciation and take for granted the love she has for me. Yet, even when it seems like I'm not listening, I am. When it seems like I don't care, I do. Even when it seems like I'm not looking, I see. I see a mother who always puts her children, the souls entrusted to her, before herself with undying love and patience. Even when they are, and especially I am, extremely undeserving. 

Day by day, moment by moment, a mother nurtures her child, another precious human being. Building them up into who they are meant to be. Many moments pass by unthanked, many you won't remember, but through all of these moments you become who you are. Behind who you are, there lives a devoted and compassionate mother, who cares and has a love unlike any other for you. 


Happy Mother's Day. 

“The homemaker has the ultimate career. 

All other careers exist for one purpose only - 

and that is to support the ultimate career. ”

- C.S. Lewis

Con amore in Cristo,
 Bluebird

No comments:

Post a Comment