Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy


    This morning on the way to Mass, I could smell Spring in the air! It was just lovely having the windows down on the highway. 
   Spring is just around the corner, and that means new plans and new projects! One of my many new projects is this. A blog where I can practice writing, share inspiring quotes, thought-provoking topics, and whatever other grand things I discover that are too good to hold to myself and share it all with you.

Things to expect:


1. I cannot write... 

I am not a good writer. However, I want to be. I plan to go into Journalism/English and Communication Studies so now I NEED to be. So it begins! Bear with me.

2. Randomness... 

I am a random person. I hope you will enjoy the spontaneous reflections and observations by just silly lil' me. 

3. The Unknown... 

I am still not entirely sure what this blog will turn into. I shall learn as I go along! 
It is currently an unraveling idea...
                        "Bluebird of Happiness"
    ~La vita è bella~
                                                                                       (Life is beautiful)

The Bluebird of Happiness

I did a little research into the history of the Bluebird and here are the interesting bits of information I found online:

"Bluebird of Happiness", 

is a poem written by, George J. Carroll: 
"And in the valley beneath the mountains of my youth, lies the river of my tears. As it wends its way to the ocean of my dreams, so long ago they have gone.And yet, if I were but to think anew, would these dreams evaporate in my mind and become the morning dew upon a supple rose whose beauty is enhanced with these glistening drops, as the sun of life peeks o'er the mountains when youth was full.Then I must not supply this endless fountain that creates the river of my tears but look beyond those mountains where the bluebird of happiness flies."
 
"In the story of the Bluebird of Happiness, the children of a woodcutter are sent to look for the Bluebird of Happiness by a fairy. The children search different lands until they find the bird in its cage. The moral of the story is that true happiness can be found close to home."

Symbolism: A bluebird symbolizes happiness. It is a widely accepted symbol of cheerfulness, happiness, prosperity, hearth and home, good health, new birth, the renewal of springtime, etc.


Now, You're probably thinking, "So how does this all play into my idea?" 
Yes, there's a point to all this... 

I think Blessed Mother Teresa expressed it perfectly,
“I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.” 
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile.”

   I believe one of my callings is to make that my mission through communication/visual arts. Growing up, I was taught to always search for the beauty, truth, and goodness of God in life and share it with others. It is everyone's call to be living expressions of God's kindness, so I hope you will join me.
    The other day, I was at an amazing pro-life conference and in one of the talks, a priest said something that caught my attention:
"The reason for communicating is to communicate the truth." 
I immediately jotted it down in my notes so I would remember. I think this is one of the many reasons I am so attracted to communication of all sorts. Language,words, writing and communicating are all such a powerful things, because they are meant to be used in sharing the one truth. 
  Through this blog that is exactly what I hope to do. I want to serve you. Yes, YOU. I hope to share all that inspires me in order to help others. When I find something beautiful, it's really hard for me to keep it to myself! 

That being said, welcome to Bluebird, the blog of Bluebird Productions! :)




I have two other blogs in use, which can be found below. I would love it if you would check them out!

God's Beauty Photography by Emily Grace:

Lady Philosophy:
http://ladyphilosophy94.tumblr.com/

   I am hoping to start another one for more serious/controversial topics/news for more practice for journalism specifically. The name will be revealed in the near future! :) 
    If you are still reading this, THANK YOU. You've made it to the end! * high five * I hope you will come along with me on this journey, as I start my new life, and discover why "la vita e bella" one day at a time. 

Con amore in Cristo,
Bluebird

P.S. Funny note about the name: My parents called me "bluebird" when I was a baby, and my best friend has started calling me that recently, too, so I figured it worked. :)

1 comment:

  1. <3 Welcome. Looking forward to your future posts! Love you, sis!!

    ReplyDelete