Translate

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Good Friends & Special Finds...

I am so blessed to have such incredible friends in my life! Earlier this week, a very dear friend of mine who lives in the west was staying in a town about an hour away from where I live. I don't get to see her often, so having her so close was an immense blessing! Getting to go out to coffee and walk around a cute little town with someone I look up to, admire, and consider one of my dearest friends, made me reflect on the beauty of true friendship...
I am a firm believer that you don't need to talk to, or see a friend all the time in order to be close. Some of my closest friends and most favorite persons are those I don't see often and can go a while without talking to, yet start right back up where we left off when we do. Everyone is different, however, that is how it is for me, and I consider it a special blessing. 
I made the drive out and was in disbelief I could see my friend after over a year. In an itty bitty old building in town named, "Romeo's Cafe" we sat and caught up on the craziness of life, discussed the things we have learned the past year, gave advice and encouragement, and enjoyed each others presence over coffee and yummy sandwiches. 
Over an hour flew by and we decided to walk around. We came across what we thought was a little antique store, but happened to be one of the largest I've ever ventured through. It was so fun chatting as we looked through buried treasures of all sorts. I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across the Bluebird of Happiness underneath another poster. For only five dollars, I knew I just had to get it. My friend was also able to find a lace table runner, for just the right price and style. Already almost 3 hours had gone by and we had to go our separate ways once more. It was the perfect day!
Afterward, I was pondering just how incredible friendship is, and just how powerful... The topic of friendship is one I plan on writing quite a lot about in the future. I have learned so much, and am currently reading "The Four Loves" by C.S. Lewis, which should give me even more to contemplate. For now, I just wanted to encourage you to reach out to those in your life whom are some of your closest friends, and even amidst the craziness of life, let them know you are thinking and praying for them. Let them know you love them and are grateful to have them in your life. 
These special people God put in your life, are there for a reason.




 Con amore in Cristo,

 Bluebird

No comments:

Post a Comment